Interested In This Position?
Fill out the form below, if you qualify, someone will contact you.
In this position you are responsible for managing, reporting, and recording the restaurant’s finances through paperwork and QuickBooks and presenting a clear picture of food costs, labor expenses, and staff efficiency. This role also requires working upon our company’s SOP and policy creation. Collaboration and followup with management is mandatory.
Established 2004, we are a family-owned local business in the heart of downtown Kamloops. We are not your average Indian restaurant! We are growing the Maurya’s brand rapidly by the day. Our mission is to create Far From Ordinary experiences for our “guests” — a contemporary approach to Indian regional cuisine, flair of global inspiration, 5 star service, and a mix of culture & tradition in our craft cocktails.
Our core values, mission, and vision are the backbone of our business and guide our hiring process. We work in dozens of verticals, and are looking for all sorts of talent in the f&b industry as well as partnerships, suppliers, marketers etc.
- Creating the digital and written company SOP and policies through constant communication with owners/management.
- Analyzing papers, receipts, invoices etc. and processing them through our QuickBooks and excel sheets. Reconciling bank and credit card accounts, cash, delivery platforms, adjusting journal entries to prepare trial balance, maintaining general ledgers, P&L, balance sheets etc. in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reporting P&L statements every 5 days.
- Preparing financial budgets, and weekly cash flow forecast for next 12 months for efficient bill payment. Figuring out our debt load, labour cost with turnover standards. Figuring out the bottom line that will be the percentage of sales for our restaurant; labor-to-sales ratios + Prime cost.
- Assisting in recommending systems, procedures, policies to maintain effective internal controls.
- Maintaining the inventory and labour cost report through our data files, and POS records. Analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of the $ spend in the inventory & labour reports and communicating them to the owners/managers for future spending budget improvement.
- Full cycle bookkeeping including but not limited to reviewing budgets, revenue reports, expenses reports, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, GST, WCB, PST returns and government remittances. Handling CRA account and BC registry.
- Determining payroll requirements (in SOP); maintaining payroll data; preparing and processing monthly payrolls by following up with our CPA through phone, e-mail, zoom or by other suitable means.
- Maintaining effective paper trail in consultation with the restaurant policy and management for any working situations for all the employees and departments.
- Is punctual and shows up for shifts. Communicates upcoming shifts with management. Let us know in advance when we cannot arrive on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Such as providing and explaining financial reports as required to management in a timely manner every week & month end. i.e profit and loss statements, monthly closing and cost accounting reports etc.
- Hosting and organizing the weekly financial meeting every Saturday 9AM at the physical Maurya’s location with executive staff. Takes initiative and goes through agenda topics including but not limited to key financial data, P&L, accounts receivable and payable aging, budgets etc.
Restaurant Business acumen and interest.
Education/experience we are looking for/required
Undergraduate degree or Professional designation in accounting from a recognized educational institution. (CPA) is an asset.
Experience and excellent verbal/written skills in writing SOPs and policies. Understanding people and the implementation process is required to further develop them better.
Minimum five (5) years of work experience in accounting, financial, investment or similar fields is required.
Considerable knowledge of computers and experience with computer-based accounting systems: Quickbooks + Excel
Experience in following Canadian Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE).
Commitment to Diversity
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce Maurya’s recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to mauryasfinedine gmail.com
The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and operate a computer, printer, scanner, laminator and other electronic devices. Majority of work involves computer usage, sitting for long periods of time, and general accounting duties.
Flexible schedule, as per business need
Future benefits apply when you work with us.
5 – 8 hour shift, 20 to 40 hours per week
Day / Evening shift
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.20-$18.59 per hour
Work Remotely: No