Interested In This Position?
Fill out the form below, if you qualify, someone will contact you.
As a key member of our team, the Bookkeeper/Administration Assistant will excel with numbers, be organized, have great attention to detail, and having experience in bookkeeping & finance is an asset. This position is ideal for new Post Bach Accounting graduates who are looking for more experience or starting out their accounting career. Especially current accounting students seeking who are already in progress of seeking an accounting diploma/degree, that enjoys problem-solving while loving all things systems and numbers.
Entrepreneurial mindset : individuals must be reliable, self-motivated, and capable of taking on ongoing bookkeeping for the business, tracking cash flow, providing financial planning analyzing the company’s financial strengths and weaknesses, and proposing strategic directions.
Individuals must be creative with solutions, someone who enjoys problem-solving and taking on new challenges. Must be comfortable with implementing new streamlined systems that they believe will bring Maurya’s to the next level.
We are a premium casual craft bar and kitchen with love for Lucknow, India : fresh local hometown cuisine and excellent creative craft cocktails. Launched in Kamloops in 2004, the new-age hometown craft will challenge your perception of the subcontinent.
Our core values, mission, and vision are the backbone of our business and guide our hiring process. We work in dozens of verticals, and are looking for all sorts of talent in the f&b industry as well as partnerships, suppliers, marketers etc.
- Managing all aspects of financials of a restaurant industry
- Ongoing daily bookkeeping
- Invoices, payroll, profit/loss statements
- Prepare GST, PST, and WSBC returns
- Tax planning
- Liaison with clients
- Ability to effectively negotiate prices with purchasers/support services
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Facilitating payroll / scheduling employees
- Issuing invoices to customers and tracking accounts receivable
- Maintaining financial records and preparing documents for annual statements
- Tracking accounts payable and paying suppliers
- Daily, monthly, weekly financial reports, etc.
- Develop strategies for costs savings initiatives and continued business financial success
- Performs other duties as assigned. Such as providing and explaining financial reports as required to management in a timely manner every week & month end. i.e profit and loss statements, monthly closing and cost accounting reports etc.
Skills & Knowledge
- Restaurant Business acumen and interest.
- Result oriented
- Follow up
- Multilingual (Hindi & English) is preferred
- Entrepreneurial mentality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive mindset
Education & experience
- Bachelor’s degree / post-secondary education in finance, accounting, or similar field.
- MS Office
Commitment to Diversity
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multi-generational and multicultural workforce Maurya’s recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email to email@example.com
The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and operate a computer, printer, scanner, laminator and other electronic devices. Majority of work involves computer usage, sitting for long periods of time, and general accounting duties.
Flexible schedule, as per business need
Future benefits apply when you work with us.
5 – 8 hour shift, 20 to 40 hours per week
Day / Evening shift
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: discussed / based on experience
Work Remotely: No